2018 Will Be Another Terrible Year for the Detroit Tigers- Bet On It
The Detroit Tigers' World Series odds are nearly the worst in the league.
ESPN has the Detroit Tigers' odds at winning the World Series this year at 100/1; only the Miami Marlins' chances are worse. "Everything the Tigers and Marlins do this year will be sad, the product ugly," is the prediction.
A Tigers fan will tune in to the first pitch of the season, see it delivered by a pitcher coming off a 6.08 ERA, and rightly wonder about the wisdom of dedicating 486 hours to watching what happens to this team next.
Let's see if we can put that into perspective.
- The odds of the world ending in 2017 were 100/1. If we survived that, do the Tigs have a shot?
- If William and Kate name the next royal baby "Oliver" or "Artemis," the Tigers have the same chance of being crowned champions. ("Donald" is a long shot at 500/1.)
- Charlize Theron or Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones are as likely to be cast as the next James Bond at the movies.
- At 80/1, it is more likely that North Korea's Kim Jong-Un will challenge President Trump to a golf match to settle their dispute.
- On the other hand, the Tigers' chances are better than 20,000,000/1 odds that Elvis would crash a U.F.O. into Loch Ness, hitting Nessie or that Bono will be elected as the next Pope (1000/1).