Get Your Booty to the Michigan Pirate Festival in Grand Haven
It's like a renaissance fair on the Great Lakes; the Michigan Pirate Festival sails into Grand Haven August 7-11, 2017.
You can be jolly even without the rum as the pirates dock in Grand Haven, Michigan, for a week of activities including song and dance, swordplay and storytelling, pillaging and powder monkey olympics.
The Brethren of the Great Lakes have been sailing the fresh water seas since 2008, educating, entertaining and seeking adventure. The crew swashbuckles into Grand Haven, Michigan on August 7 for a week of activities:
Monday, August 7:
- 11am: Pirates sail in to the port of Grand Haven (weather permitting) then make their way to Loutit Library- the headquarters for the week’s activities.
- 3pm: Bellydance class and show.
- 6:30pm: Pirate storytelling for all ages.
Tuesday, August 8:
- 11am: Powder monkey olympics. Kids aged 4-12 can join the pirates and train to be an honorary powder monkey.
- 2pm: Pirate puppet show.
- 6:30pm: Pirates meet & greet in the park with singer/songwriter Annie Wildgen.
Wednesday, August 9:
- 10am: Pillaging with pirates, ages 4-12. Come test your worth with a sword as the pirates defend their treasure!
- 1-3pm Mini golf course invasion at Chinook Pier– Come putt with pirates
- 7pm: Sea shanty singalong
Thursday, August 10:
- 10am: Dress like a pirate costume contest!!!
- 1pm: Pirate storytelling
- 3pm Pirate puppy costume contest happening at Must Love Dogs
- 7pm: Pirate puppet show
Friday, August 11:
- 10-11: Pirate games and coloring, ges 4-12
- 1pm: Powder monkey olympics Ages 4-12 – Join the pirates and train to be an honorary powder monkey.
- 3pm: Pirate crafts and coloring, ages 4-10. Make a treasure map, eye patch, or a parrot to complete your pirate ensemble.
- 7pm: Fish Fry with pirates at the American Legion
Take the kids- they will treasure this experience for a lifetime.
Bonus Video: Great Lakes Kite Festival