5 Things You Didn’t Know About The Lead Singer of Spin Doctors
Chris Barron and his band The Spin Doctors are playing at Rib Fest, here are some things you might not know about him.
On Saturday night, August 3rd, Spin Doctors and Joan Osborne take the Arcadia Creek stage, at Rib Fest 2019!
Here are 5 things you might not have known about the lead singer of the Spin Doctors Chris Barron...
1. After seeing John Popper's band Blues Traveler in 1988, Chris Barron hung out with the band and later that night was invited to move in with the band at their New York City homestead. Wikipedia reported that Chris was only 20 years old, had $100 bucks in his pocket and an acoustic guitar.
2. It was in May of 1999 that Chris Barron wok up unable to speak. Wikipedia reports that Chris had a rare acute form of vocal cord paralysis that severely affected his ability to talk, let alone sing. He was told he had a 50-50 chance of ever talking or singing normally again. The band canceled their current tour soon after the tragic news.
3. Chris starred in the 2015 movie 'Subject'. IMDb describes the plot of the movie as "a single man living in New York is fed up with society and decides to become a hermit when he slowly spirals into madness."
4. Chris was born in Honolulu Hawaii.
5. Chris Barron's wife is actress Lindsay Nicole Chambers,who according to Wikipedia is the lead in the Broadway tour of Kinky Boots.
With all of this guys talent along with the rest of the band, Ribfest will be amazing!
See you there!