Cedar Point Has A New Roller-Coaster This Summer
Every few years, Cedar Point tops themselves and builds a new ride.
When the famed Cedar Point opens their gates this summer, you will be greeted by the 'Steel Vengeance'! The Steel Vengeance is a brand new roller-coaster that has the bragging rights as...
the tallest, fastest and longest steel/wood hybrid coaster in the world.
And on May 5th you can take a ride on this monster! It will last 2 minutes and 30 seconds and will have speeds as fast as 74 mph. Even though Steel Vengeance sound incredibly exciting, there is a downside. To Make room for the new ride the 'Mean Streak' roller-coaster had to go.
Mlive.com put a list together of all the crazy cool facts about the parks new prized roller-coaster.
10 Cool Things About the Steel Vengeance Roller-coaster...
- World's tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
- World's fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
- World's steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
- World's longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
- World's longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
- Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
- Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
- Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- World's first "hyper-hybrid" roller coaster - meaning the smooth steel track is set atop a wood support structure. Its height of more than 200 feet is the defining feature of a "hyper-coaster."
Even though Cedar Point is truly known for their rides, the amusement park offers so much more including shows and food. This year, not only is there a new ride opening at the park, there are some great new restaurants to tempt your taste buds!
New Restaurants Coming To The Park This Year...
Frontier Foldovers - Located in the former BBQ Shack on the Frontier Trail, this new quick-service food stop will offer folded brisket, chicken and Italian meat sandwiches.
Sidewinder Sue’s - Located near the FrontierTown train station, this new food joint will offer “twisty” fries with meat toppings of pulled pork, brisket or chili.
Miss Keat’s Smoke Shack - Barbecue brisket, pork, wings, sausage and plenty of sides sides will be served at this restaurant which will be adjacent to Last Chance Saloon in FrontierTown.
Roundup - The menu is getting a makeover at this food location with bigger burgers. It's located near Maverick’s entrance.
Whether you go to the park for the great food or the insanely fun roller-coaster, I think you are in for a treat this summer!