Downtown Kalamazoo Is Making Santa Visits Safe in 2020
Nobody will be sitting on Santa's lap this year, but there is a plan for the good little girls and boys in your life to visit Santa this year in Kalamazoo.
The big question this year might not be "who has been naughty or nice," but "does Santa wear a mask?" Word form the North Pole is that, yes, Santa and the elves are not only washing their hands and social-distancing while making toys, but are also wearing masks to keep everyone safe. Here's a tip from St. Nick: If you sing "Jingle Bells" twice while you are washing your hands, that adds up to the recommended twenty seconds. Downtown Kalamazoo is committed to providing a safe space to make holiday memories with your family. Here are three big things you need to know:
- Visits and story time with Santa are by appointment only.
- Masks and social-distancing will be enforced.
- Yes, you can take a picture with Santa - a decorative plexiglass barrier will allow families to capture that coveted holiday photo while being safe. No pictures or visits on Santa's lap this year.
Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership has put together a plan for safe Santa visits this year in the Kalamazoo Room at the Radisson Plaza Hotel, December 5-24.
Santa's Workshop hours:
- 4-8 pm Thursdays and Fridays
- 11 am- 6pm Saturdays
- 12-4 pm Sundays through December 20
- Christmas Eve 12-4 pm
Storytime with Santa
- Saturdays at 2 pm
- Sundays at 4 pm
Visits with Black Santa are back
- Sundays in December from 12-4 pm
- December 21-23 from 4-8 pm
KEEP READING: 10 classic board games that will take you way back