How to Tell if Someone is NOT from Michigan
When you're out in public, driving, shopping, eating, whatever...you can frequently tell if the people near you are NOT from Michigan. Some of these tell-tale signs can drive you absolutely mad.....especially the first one on the list below. So take a look at:
20 WAYS TO TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS NOT FROM MICHIGAN:
1) They don't turn right on red.
Unless there's a "NO TURN ON RED" sign, you can always turn right at a stop light or stop sign. Out-of-staters tend to sit there until the light turns green, making the line of cars behind him/her more & more impatient!
2) They can't play euchre.
Many don't even know what it is.
3) Their favorite sports team is NOT from Michigan.
Why support a team from Florida, New York, California, or Texas if you're from Michigan???
4) They think Detroit is the capitol city.
5) They call soft drinks 'soda'.
6) Some of them refer to all kinds of pop as "Coke".
7) They can't pronounce "Charlotte", "Okemos", "Charlevoix", "Sault Ste. Marie", "Mackinac", "Dowagiac", "Gratiot", "Onondaga", "Wacousta", or "Ypsilanti" (and other Michigan towns) correctly (what's even more annoying is when you hear someone on TV or radio mispronounce these locations).
8) They've never had a Faygo.
9) One snowflake falls and they freak out.
10) They throw away pop cans & bottles that have 10 cent deposits.
11) They say Superman ice cream looks disgusting.
12) They ask if there are sharks in Lake Michigan.
13) They ask if there are dolphins in Lake Michigan.
14) Every winter they threaten to move to either Florida or Texas.
15) We pronounce 'water' as "wadder'...they pronounce it "wah-Ter" (emphasis on the T").
16) If you mention a "paczki" they get a dumb look on their face.
17) They have no clue what "Meijer" is.
18) A Michigan left turn causes them to panic.
19) They call a 'party store' a 'convenience store'.
20) They pronounce "pasty" as "pay-stee".
Print this list out and paste it anywhere you suspect an out-of-stater to lurk, shop, park, eat, walk, breathe, etc. You'll feel better for it.