Vintage Battle Creek Map Shows What the City Looked Like in 1870
As Amazon Associates, we earn on qualifying purchases.
It's fascinating to dip into history and see how the world has changed over the years, especially locally.
In 1870, Battle Creek had a population of just over 5,800 residents according to census records. At this point, the city was a few years away from the cereal production it would become famous for. But the Battle Creek Sanitarium had already began operating just a few years prior, setting the table for the future of the city. By the early 20th century, the population of the city had nearly tripled and Battle Creek was establishing itself as one of Michigan's bigger metropolitan areas.
You can bring some of this Battle Creek history right into your home, or consider it as a gift to a family member or friend who is a history buff, with a vintage map showing the young Michigan city from an aerial view in 1870.
Amazon product description:
- Vintage 1800s Style: This map wall art features Battle Creek, MI from 1870. This classy, beautiful print perfectly captures the city's history.
- Fine-Art Quality At Budget Price: Similar decorative map prints of lesser quality sell for hundreds of dollars.
- Excellent Conversation Piece: The incredible details of this vintage map allow for viewing street names, specific buildings and other Battle Creek, Michigan historical landmarks.
- Perfect Gift Idea for Battle Creek History Lovers: This historic map art print is unique and something that very few other Battle Creek history buffs own.
- Digitally Restored By Ted's Vintage Maps using the latest in digital image restoration technology to make sure this print looks as close to the original as possible.
- The map comes in three different sizes: 12" X 18", 18" X 24" or 24" X 36".
Click the button below if you are interested in purchasing this Battle Creek 1870 Vintage Map from Amazon.