The Best Superstitions For a Snow Day
You might want to hide this from your kids, but if you are looking to get out of work for a day, why not try and get a snow day? There are a lot of superstitions and weird things you can do the night before to wake up to a bunch of snow, so that's why I said you might want to hide this from your kids...you wouldn't want them to bring too much snow.
Now I have heard of #1 and #2 when I was a kid, but I didn't know there were more than those two until I looked it up. I found most of these from Reader's Digest, but a few are my own superstitions I've heard since I was a kid.
- Throw ice cubes out the window
- Yell "Snow Day!" into the freezer
- Put a white crayon on every windowsill in your house
- Put a spoon under your bed, you can even freeze the spoon to help more
- Run around your dinning room 12 times
- Do opposite things like: brush your teeth with your opposite hand, sleep with one sock on, also sleep backwards with your feet at the top of your bed and your head at the bottom.
- Wear a colored sock on your left foot but not your right foot
- Flush 2 ice cubes down the toilet
- Wear plastic bags (like newspapers come in) over your socks and in your shoes the day before.
- When in doubt, pray. Hey, it’s old school, but there’s no harm in tacking it on to the end of your nightly prayers