This Weekend’s Lineup: Two Events Happening in Downtown Kalamazoo
With the weather warming up and restrictions easing, events are slowly returning to downtown Kalamazoo. A refreshing change, to be sure. If you're a fan of fashion and basketball, two events happening this weekend are just for you!
March Madness Outdoor Watch Party
First, there's the March Madness Outdoor Watch Party. This Saturday, March 20th, you can catch the first round of March Madness, safely. The event will be held from 11am - 6pm next to Old Burdick's Bar and Grill on the North Kalamazoo Mall. A couple of things to note about this event:
- You should bring your own chair
- All ages are welcome
- It is free to attend
- The space will open up an hour before the game starts
While it's not specified on the event page, I assume Covid-19 regulations are still in place. Make sure you're prepared with a mask and maintain social distance from those around you.
The great thing about this event is that even if you don't enjoy basketball, you can still enjoy the delicious food and drinks offered at the surrounding restaurants.
Kaleidoscope Fashion Show
The Kaleidoscope Fashion Show, also happening March 20th, will be put on by the Western Michigan University Merchandising Opportunities and Design Association. They are the only fashion organization on WMU's campus. You can find out more information about the association here.
The purpose of the Kaleidoscope Fashion Show is to show off the talent of the students to the community. The event, like so many others, had to be cancelled last year due to the pandemic. If you want to attend here's what you should know:
- The event will take place at the Kalamazoo State Theater from 7pm - 9:30pm Saturday, March 20th.
- This is a hybrid event meaning tickets are available for both in person or virtual attendance.
- In person tickets are $60 and are limited. You can buy them here.
- Virtual tickets are $15 for WMU students, $30 for the general public. You can purchase those here.
The Downtown Kalamazoo Partnership is constantly updating their events calendar. You can stay up to date here.