Top 5 Most Hated Christmas Songs
I absolutely love listening to Christmas music during the holiday season. Everything from Celine Dion to Mariah Carey, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Bing Crosby, and the list goes on and on and on.
But what about the Christmas songs that so many people hate? In my opinion, there's not that many to hate, but there are a few that simply drive me crazy.
Here's the Top 5 Most Hated Christmas Songs of All Time:
1. Last Christmas by Wham from 1984. Wham's Christmas ballad is one of the most hated of all time. It gets stuck in your head and you can't get it out.
2. The Chipmunks Christmas Song (Christmas Don't be Late by David Seville from 1958. Believe it or not, I used to have the Chipmunks album when I was a kid.
3. Dominick the Donkey by Lou Monte from 1960. This one is actually offensive to Italian Americans. What does a donkey have to do with Christmas? This song makes no sense and it's awful.
4. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo & Patsy from 1979. Letting your grandma leave the house drunk to retrieve her forgotten medication is bad enough, but then after she dies Grandpa doesn't even care.
5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by Jimmy Boyd from 1952. This song was originally sung by a child. The message in the song for some is disturbing and that's why a lot of listeners hate this Christmas song too.
There are a few more songs you may want to check out on Santa's most hated Christmas songs list. You can find them right here at cheatsheet.com.