Wings Of God – ‘Pledge For Pearls’ Radiothon
K-102.5 is joining Wings Of God of Paw Paw as they are kicking of an all-new Radiothon event this year called "Pledge For Pearls".
- WHO: Wings Of God & K-102.5
- WHAT: Pledge For Pearls Radiothon
- WHERE: Downtown Paw Paw
- WHEN: Saturday, July 27th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- WHY: Wings of God Transition Home, Inc. is a faith based non-profit organization established to ease the successful re-entry of previously incarcerated females into society. This event will help them fund continued efforts in the community.
Along with donations over the phone and online, there will also be a Bucket Brigade happening at the same time all over downtown Paw Paw. "Bucketeers" will be standing in neon pink shirts collecting cash from passerby’s. There will also be buckets in various businesses and locations.
Donations by phone can be made by calling: 269-415-0777
Wings Of God mission statement:
Our priority is to introduce our residents to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and disciple them in the word of God. We provide these women with a stable environment from which they may gain knowledge, skills, mentoring and counseling. We ask for a minimum stay of at least one year, so upon graduation they are prepared to lead healthy, productive, spirit-filled lives.
Here are some of the ways Wings Of God executes their mission:
- Helping to build a safer community one life at a time; our priority is to introduce eligible women to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and disciple them in the word of God.
- An intake committee works closely with local jails and the Michigan Department of Corrections in order to assess which candidates might successfully benefit from such a ministry.
- The daily agenda includes life skill classes, money management, addiction recovery, individual counseling and mentoring, all of which are an important part to their recovery.
- WOG will utilize the available assistance of Social Services according to individual needs.
Stay with K102.5 on-air and online for more information as the event approaches.