With this weekend's time change, it's also a good time to check some possibly life saving equipment around your home.

First and foremost, with the tragic fire deaths in the Detroit area this week, make sure to check your smoke detectors. It's always to good to simply replace the batteries. But also, remember to check to see if they're working.

Secondly, because it's a deadly killer, check your carbon monoxide detectors, too.

The state of Michigan add this warning about carbon monoxide:

"At high levels, carbon monoxide can cause death within minutes. Symptoms of overexposure to carbon monoxide include headache, fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea and confusion. If you suspect you may be experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, or your detector sounds an alarm, head outside immediately for fresh air and call 911." -MDHHS

“As it gets colder, we start seeing more carbon monoxide poisonings,” said Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health for MDHHS. “To prepare for winter weather, Michiganders should make sure their heat sources and carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order.”